Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ever wondered....

Ever wondered what it would be like to know the future, a year ahead?  For instance, if every New Years Day, you automatically knew what would happen in the following 365 days?  Good, bad, or indifferent?  That would mean no anticipation (for the most part), no surprises, nothing to dread or to look forward to.  You'd already know.  It would also mean no control ---not that any of us have any of that anyway.  It would also make planning pretty useless.  And it's not like you could just decide not to show up for your own life.  It's your life.  You have to live it--nobody else can do it for you.


The good news?  That's not how it works, thank heavens, so I can relax.  Every morning when I wake up, I just have to deal with that particular day.  No more; no less.  I can look ahead, but it's probably not a good idea, especially since most of the stuff I think will happen, never does.  And the stuff I don't see coming, arrives on schedule.  Just not on my schedule. 

Makes the surprise of a new day look pretty good, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment