Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Holy Tornado!

                                                        

My baby boy is en route to Texas and I couldn't be more excited.  I just wish I had enough room to host the whole band.  No such luck currently but maybe someday I can be the Harris Hacienda.  As a result of the human tornado heading our direction, I'm doing laundry and cooking to get MY chores out of the way in order to do HIS. 
Laundry:
Benji is a "quick and dirty" laundry doer which is why Andrea will not let him near hers.  He's a dumper--whites and darks together-- stuffs the tub, throws in detergent, slams the lid, and off he goes.  Ick.  Over Christmas I worked on his "grays" (previously whites) until I finally just tossed them in the trash and headed to Target for replacements.  Benji knows how to do separate loads--he just won't spend the time.  Once again that Y chromosome rears it's ugly head-- in laundry--of all things.
Dinner:
He has placed his dinner order so I'm doing his twice baked 'tater ahead of time and will just reheat it later.  His rib eye is resting in the fridge--yeah, he specifically ordered a rib eye-- so salad prep can wait until later.  Meanwhile, I'm making chalupas because I just wanna--and because it's supposed to be cold tonight.  Those are the only reasons I can think of other than they just sound good to me.  I made sure I got all the gear for them yesterday so once the meat cools, I'm on to shredding and the fun part. 
His room:
Since Senora Maria was here Friday, he's all set with clean sheets and a fresh clean bathroom so I guess all he needs to do now is "check in".
Sister:
Sister has had a bath, teeth brushed, and her ears cleaned in prep for his less than 24 hour visit, so I think we are a go for splash down.

Happy Sunday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment