Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekend wrap up

Saturday's trip to the Farmer's Market did not yield what I'd hoped.  The peaches we tried were OK--not great--and ditto on the tomatoes.  So, the planned cobblers in my mini skillets did not happen.  Yes, I could have made ones with berries but I wanted peaches.

So, as any little kid with a new toy would do, I simply had to play with one this morning.  I cooked my egg in one.  Waaaay fun and it's opened up a whole new avenue in cooking for me.  I can see these as a breakfast skillet on a cold (or even hot) Sunday morning or night filled with hash browns, cheese, green onion, crumbled bacon or sausage, and eggs.  Salsa?  Of course.  Cilantro?  Why not.
                                                          

Or, individual skillets of rolls for the roll eaters around my house (everyone).  Or chicken pot pies.  Don't even get me started on the desserts or I'll lose my mind.

 A gentle rain is falling here and Sis is doing what she does best.  Nap. If she could read--and I'm not positive she can't--she'd never get out of bed, period.  Warm snoozy hound.  Nothing better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment