Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ahhhhh...

I don't even want to discuss what's going on in the news today.  Too sickening so I'm going to pretend I'm Scarlet O'Hara and not think about it.  Instead, I'm going to look forward to seeing two pals who are coming over shortly for coffee and a good gab session.  IMO, that's what this world needs:  more gabbing and less arguing.  Fresh coffee and flan or banana bread, depending on what strikes your fancy, and suddenly the world looks a tad bit better.

The rain is exactly what I needed today.  A forced case of slow down further, listen to the sounds of the rain, throttle back my motor, and simply enjoy... the... day.  It doesn't hurt that's it's a lot cooler either.  After years of going pedal to the metal, slowing down and savoring time is a HUGE gift.  In my younger days, I felt guilty if I wasn't always doing something, like somehow I was wasting my life.  Today I feel like nothing could be further from the truth.  It's MY LIFE.  I get to do it any way I want and as long as I'm happy in my own skin, and not hurting anyone else, where's the bad news?  There's not any.

I've also decided getting older is the absolute nuts.  Yes, it's a trade off with losing your eyes or hearing, your metabolism screeching to a halt and not having the stamina I used to have.  There is that.  No question.  But the fun and freedom to finally be myself and who I truly am, is exponential.  Today I laugh more and angst less than any other time in my life.  I feel like my inside and my outside match.  I'm congruent.     
                                                   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment