Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, July 21, 2014

Today I'm all over the map

Despite what a lot of us are hard wired to believe, happiness is an inside job.  It begins with each of us being grateful for what ever is going on in our lives and looking for the lesson.  What am I supposed to be learning from all this?  Sounds easy?  It's not.  Most of us need help along the way and that brings me to sharing.

Sharing with a trusted friend (one who is safe) lightens the load and can alter my perspective-- it can give me a new way of seeing something or even just someone to commiserate with me.  I end up not only feeling better but laughing my tail feathers off.  It's the willingness to say where I am that can be tough.  I have to admit that 1) life's not all hearts and flowers 2) this is how I really feel and who I really am 3) and take the risk of putting it out there and being known for who I truly am--not who someone may want or need me to be, so they can be OK.

And finally, a friend said the most genius thing the other day that just spoke volumes for me.  She said she'd spent her entire life trying to be seen by people who could not see. Wow.
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment