Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, February 16, 2013

I know her...she's ME



This picture makes me laugh out loud for lots of reasons.  That's me in the front and my sister behind me.  You can see she's missing her front teeth--the ones she knocked out jumping on the bed.  Dang...she looks like she's asleep.  What freaks me out is how much my brother's face looks like Hudson's.  And look at my nightgown....I still remember that one and am wondering what I thought was so funny....maybe I was laughing at my bangs 'cause they look like maybe I cut 'um.  Doesn't every kid cut their own hair at some point?  I swear they do.

See the wooden magazine holder in the background?  That thing was painted and spiffed up and mom had it up until a few years ago, before we moved her out of our old house.  It's weird the stuff you notice and remember in old pictures.  I wish I could have seen more of the room so I could tell if this was our Edmonson house or Belclaire.   And look how my brother is sitting....and look at his big toe.  What's up with that?  Is he trying to hitch a ride somewhere??  He looks like a little old man in those Brooks Brothers looking pj's.

I can't swear to it but I think that chair and ottoman were recovered at least twice, and in my parents bedroom until a few years ago.  Good Lord....

No comments:

Post a Comment