Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

She's a sly one

While the Cornish hens roast in the oven, I'm taking five.  Today's been lovely and busy and included a trip to check in on mom.  After a much needed diaper change, we got down to the business of visiting.  Once again, Roberto was the topic.  I asked if he'd been to visit and she said "Yes", to which her caregiver almost levitated right out of her shoes.  Georgia's eyes were as big as saucers and I had to laugh.  She knew what I was going to ask next and I did.  I asked mom "Is Roberto coming to get you?", she said he was, and then I asked when, and mom said "Tonight".  A lot of times when people are getting ready to die, they will mention that a loved one who is already dead is coming for them, and poof, they're gone.

However, I'm not so sure in mom's case, as she's begun eating again.  Sly old fox.  She's decided to hang around a bit longer and has gained 2 pounds.  Georgia says mom opens her mouth like a baby bird, to eat, where before she used to turn her head away.  Georgia only see's her eat breakfast and lunch since she works days but even at that, she said mom's been eating like a field hand.  As I walked back down the hall on my way out, I laughed the entire way.  That is sooooooo like my mother to pull a fast one.

It's simply gawgeous outside so get outside while you can. (Mom and an unknown dog outside at her home at White Rock Lake.)


No comments:

Post a Comment