Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Meditation, anyone?

I'm going to out myself here because it might benefit someone else and because I know it has benefited me.  I'm meditating.  I've done it off and on for years but a friend sent me the link for the Oprah-Depak Chopra 21 day meditation challenge and I decided it sure couldn't hurt, and might actually get me back on track.  It did, and I love it.  I'm trying to do it first thing in the morning before my day gets going and then again at night.

Why twice?  Because I'm an over achiever.  If you go online to Oprah.com, you will see the link if you are interested in signing up.  We're on day 10 but that doesn't matter.  You can jump in any time.  It helps me in all aspects of my life and I simply love it.  If you have squirrel brain like I do, it's a wonderful opportunity to hit the brakes.  One of my friends says her brain wakes up about 3 AM and gets busy before she even wakes up.  By the time she does became conscious in the morning, her brain has been up for hours plotting, making up stories, worrying, over thinking things, and trying to figure things out.  She meditates to corral all that nonsense and flush it.

Centering myself first thing in the morning is just lovely.  I highly recommend it. 
                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment