Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, February 24, 2014

Tough decisions...

I am in a world of hurt.  Not sure which way to go.  It's a real high class problem  I admit, but it's weighing heavy on me as I type.  I'm in the middle of a good book--right at a potential cliff hanger--AND I need to re-stream last night's Downton to be sure I got it all.  (I'm fuzzy in a couple of areas and I need to watch it again.)  Now, add to that a movie I got from the UP Library and seriously, I am in a real kerfuffle. 

I can easily punt the library DVD.  Done and done.  Now for the hard part.  I think I'll just read in blocks of time, and then enjoy DA.  Otherwise, this whole day is going to disappear with zero to show for it except my satisfied smile.

Now, from last night, I have some real questions.  What's up with Blake and the Prince of Wales mistress?  What was he referring to about following orders?  And is the tennant farmer going to end up blackmailing Lady Edith to keep the baby's parentage a secret?   Or, will Lady Edith simply return with the baby and let all hell break loose?   Tom told her to essentially "do what feels right" though he had no idea about the baby.

Lastly, I loved Bates getting to use some of his prison skills but the scene where they concoct the plan was awful.  Lord Grantham is dumb as mud and such a sissy pants.  The whole idea of having the guy who cheated at cards be invited back to play cards, was just preposterous.  Yes, they needed time to search his room but wouldn't he wonder why he'd been invited back, especially in view of the fact that he had the PoW (Prince of Wales) letter?  Guess his greed got the better of him.

 I LOVED the look on Bate's face when he handed the PoW's note to Lord Grantham.  Man....you gotta love a bad boy.   



No comments:

Post a Comment