Today I am grateful. I'm so grateful I could burst. I didn't mention that Tuesday I had my annual diagnostic mammogram but I did. Due to some issues, I often get a mammo and then a sono to be sure all is well. Scary stuff. I pray my way through it every year. This year, I got the same mammo tech (Sangita) and Radiologist I've had in the past. Yay for continuity. By now we are old pals. Then the same gal (Kim) came out to tell me whether I got to have a sonogram, more views, go home, or if I'd drawn the ultimate black bean. When she threw me the go home card, a rush of gratitude hit me and has been with me since.
So, that said, here's what I'm grateful for today.
1) FB so I can see my son wherever he is and keep up with friends
3) an old stubborn hound dog that makes me laugh every day
4) my neighbors
5) Nashville last night and Scandal tonight
6) KERA (public television)
7) a healthy body that works
8) food, shelter, clothes
9) all five senses
10) great books
11) people who get it
12) my husband who makes me laugh my head off
13) my daffodils that return every year at this time
14) hand cream
Today I know it's not what I have but how grateful I am that matters.