Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm seriously considering...

Have you ever really considered not reading the newspaper any longer?  I'm almost there.  It is nothing more than a barrage of "negative news".  While I realize this isn't exactly news to anyone, my question is this:  do I really need this and what are the negative consequences to me, taking in all this garbage?  I can't do anything about most of the stuff --it's already happened--and all it does is either make me feel scared, angry, powerless, or frustrated.  Maybe even some from column A, some from column B.


The bigger question is:  do I want to spend my day, with all that sludge rolling around in my brain?  Ditto TV.  Unless it's something educational like Nat Geo, the History channel, or something that makes me laugh like Big Bang Theory, why bother?  Wouldn't a good book be better?  Admittedly, that was a shameless plug for my favorite show but since nobody reads this thing anyway, except for Charlotte & possibly Bruce, they'll get over it.  It is the most hilarious show ever and Monday night's at 8:30pm are like a tomb around my house.   If you talk during the show, which means you are definitely male, I won't watch with you.  Let's get real here...I'm not turning on the TV to hear you talk.

Bottom line here?  If it's not positive or fun, I'm probably not going to spend a lot of time doing it.  Boy, that almost eliminated exercise, didn't it???  But I don't do it much anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment