Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, October 23, 2009

Whoa....

Just when you think things are starting to slow down.....well, uh, no.  Not an hour and a half after dropping Brian (and his crutches) off at his house yesterday, he called me to tell me "I  was just almost run over".  Brian and roomie, Elliott, had gone to the store, and a man, native to the country south of us, had nearly backed over Brian, on his crutches.  Elliott yelled, and the guy just kept on coming.  Elliott yelled again, in Spanish, something that would not be complementary to the man's mother, and the guy gunned it & took off.  Thank you, Elliott, for your command of Spanish--no matter what you said.  For the rest of the afternoon, I had Parkland flashbacks.

My new address stamper that I ordered online arrived today.  I was delighted and all set to stamp away--until I unwrapped it to find 7409 Westwood Dr. on it.  The problem??  Our street is Wentwood.   Oooops.
Luckily, they could immediately check the order online and see clearly my street is Wentwood.  Not even Wentworth.  Or Westwood.  W-e-n-t-w-o-o-d. 

And lastly, one of my favorite people has received a diagnosis I am not at all happy about.  IT SUCKS.  I HATE IT FOR HER.  She does not deserve this.  And today I know this:  SOMETIMES STUFF JUST HAPPENS.  There's always an upside and a downside to everything.  And sometimes the upside is hard to see--but it's there.  I just have to be willing to look, watch, and sometimes wait for it to be revealed.  And if I can laugh in the process, and be of service to someone else, that is the upside.

No comments:

Post a Comment