Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, September 2, 2011

Bun

I forgot to report earlier this week that one evening, Fred and I had a bunny sighting across the street at the mean old lady's all you can eat salad bar of a front yard.  He didn't hang around long but it was great to know he's survived this heat, in a fur coat no less.

This morning as I came up Durham on my walk, I scanned his front yard for a sighting.  No good.  Nobody home.  As I got closer to the corner of Durham and Centenary, there he was in all his furriness, munching and chillaxin'.  I decided that even though I was somewhat less than fresh to make a new acquaintance, I'd see if maybe he'd let me pet him.  When I've tried this before, he hauled tail but this time I decided to call him by name.  Problem, you ask?  Well, yes.  I don't know his name--- so I did what I always do--I made one up.  He is now officially Bun and I think he must have liked it because he let me get just close enough to touch his furrrrrrrrrr. OOOO, la la.  Soft City.

I also noticed he's a nut grass man, as some was being munched as I touched, and I told him if he's OK crossing the street, we have a yard full of it, but he/she demurred.  He was already two houses down from where he lives, so I think maybe that's his boundary.  Rats.  I'd love to have had him hop on over.

Happy Labor Day to all and remember: nothing's a crisis--  it may feel like one but it's not-- because feelings aren't facts.  It's all in how you look at it, baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment