Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, September 18, 2011

DIY Botox now trending

Don't some things just strike you as a total no brainer?  The old "ya can, but I sure wouldn't".  I just saw on line where you can send off for DIY Botox and almost fell out of my chair.  Given some of the Halloween mask faces I've seen around town, maybe this is a booming new trend.  Now don't get me wrong...I think Botox is great if done in moderation, but the DIY version?  I don't think so.  I have to admit I was intrigued, so I had to watch the video all about it.  Bitter disappointment crept over me as 1) they failed to show someone actually injecting their own face 2) no follow up two weeks later, to see if they had lumps, bumps, droopy eye lids (ptosis), abscesses, etc.  Rats.  I just knew somebody was going to look like a character out of a Steven King movie....or even Steve King himself.  He's plenty scary looking if you ask me.

I'm thinking the next new trend will be a DIY colonoscopy.  I'm serious.  Your doctor will send you home with a fiber optic cable and after doing that prep that almost kills you, you'll stick that cable where the sun don't shine.  Then remotely, somebody will be looking at your colon, while you watch on your own TV.  I mean think about it...if you can stick a needle in your face numerous times, injecting Botox, a DIY colonoscopy should be a breeze.

1 comment:

  1. I think only a certified doctor should do botox injections because a doctor is the authority that can decide if a patient is suitable for such a treatment and he also determines the amount of botox that needs to be used for every patient.
    I chose only the best Toronto botox clinic for all my treatments because for me the safety is very important.

    ReplyDelete