Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's five o'clock somewhere

I got the official word about an hour ago that mom has been cleared for a glass wine (4 oz.) any afternoon or evening she wants to have some.  I then made a quick Tom Thumb run for wine and small plastic cups.  I made the executive decision on a nice wine but it had to have a screw top, since the thought of them having to mess with a wine opener wasn't going to make this as easy.  I figure if it's not pretty easy, they're not as likely to bother with it.  At four ounces a whack, mom's got plenty of wine to last her for awhile.  If it doesn't last a good while, somebody's swiggin' out of it. 

I handed off mom's stash to the Nurse Manager, she labeled everything, and put a bottle in to chill, as I headed off down to mom's room to tell her her "booze cruise" had begun.  You could tell mom was excited and that's all I care about.  Plus, tonight is Movie Night and she gets to go over to the assisted living side and hang with her pals.  Wine and a movie??  And I think the popcorn guy is there tonight, too, so today is going to totally rock where she's concerned. 

Someone else is sporting all new hardware on her arm and this time she was thinking pink.  I think they switched it out due to swelling, and now she also can see her fingers!  Her purple one covered them up.  Ewwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment