Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Oh, no...not again....

The thought of re-opening that 9/11 wound tomorrow for the ten year anniversary is just a non starter for me.  I'm not watching any of it again, and it's not like I haven't seen it a gabillion times in the past.  I don't EVER want to forget what happened that awful day and I also don't believe re-traumatizing myself again will help anything or anybody.  That day is forever burned into my memory just like the day President Kennedy was assassinated, and that's where it needs to stay--in my memory.  Watching it again serves absolutely no purpose for me other than to scare me out of my wits and make me feel about as big as a bug.  Count me out.  Instead, I will send up prayers for this Nation as a whole.  That seems like a much better use of my time and energy.

And on an equally sad note, I found out last weekend that my brother and his wife are divorcing after 31 years of marriage, and two daughters.  I won't go in to details-- just suffice it to say, when you think you've seen and heard just about everything, think again.  The good news?  There is a God and it's NOT me, so I best leave it all to Him to work out, while I concentrate on keeping my side of the street clean, and get ready for ITALY and a WEDDING!!!!!!!

Lastly, it reminds me daily of how grateful I am for the man I married, 32 years ago.  I love you, Bruce....I mean Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment