Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bring on Summer

Since today marks the one year wedding anniversary of Kate and William, I think it's only right that I wish them a hearty congratulations and many more happy years to come.  Talk about a stunning couple who somehow just seem to always get it right, and be good sports when asked to do something like wear a cowboy hat, in Canada.  Since this is also the year of the Queen's Jubilee, I hope we see a lot more of them.  They are fun, funny, and a great team, unlike previous royals.  What a breath of fresh air for the Royal Family and us.  Well done, Kate and Wills. 



Now speaking of the Jubilee, it's occurred to me that I may need to read the new book that's out on the Queen in order to be 100% ready to celebrate.  With the Jubilee and the Olympics in London, I may be glued to the TV this summer and why not??  I can't think of a better place to be than inside when it's blazing outside, and pretending I'm in London minus the crowds.  Lovely.  And I may need to assess my tea supply as well.  Andrea had a simply gorgeous shower that was a tea and one of the teas served was a pear caramel.  Sounds awful but it was sublime and quickly became my favorite of the three they served.  They carry it at Whole Foods in the event you want to try it. 

And speaking of weddings, I realized last night that it was around this time last year that Andrea and Benji decided on their wedding plans, and ditched the Dallas Do.  What a fun six months that was from planning to the actual event in Capri.  I swear I think part of fun of any trip or in this case a wedding, is all in the planning, dreaming, and anticipation of the actual event.  I spent hours diddling and piddling, thinking about it and enjoyed every single second.  I also realized it was around this time last year, plus or minus, that we moved mom over to the Memory Care Unit from Assisted Living at the Plaza, and that she's now been there longer than any other move in the last three plus years.  Man...she was a rolling stone for awhile.  Looking back, I was one busy gal a year ago.  When I look back over what all has transpired over the last few years, I can hardly believe it and laugh thinking no wonder I'm tired.


I don't know about you but I am ready for summer.  I love that relaxed laid back pace, the smell of magnolia blossoms, yards filled with mounds of impatiens, pots filled with sweet potato vine and other colorful plants, little kids playing in their front yards watering each other with the hose, and catching lightening bugs at night.  Oh, wait...maybe that was us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment