Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Update

A quick update this morning and not good news on either count.  First, mom continues to slide downhill.  She has now lost 30 pounds since January and though this is the natural order of things, it's still lousy in my book.  A downward trajectory is just not pretty.  The Hospice people continue to be fabulous and we are blessed to have them.  Yay, on that score.

Secondly, around 4 AM I heard a certain black girl dog barking in the backyard --her hunting bark--and a teen age looking opossum bought it, after getting chomped by Sis.  I think it had gotten into the poison the bug guys keep in dog proof boxes in our backyard, for just this reason, since two others of the same size died earlier this week, without Sis's help.  This is just too gross for words where I am concerned.  Rodents and snakes are just ick and I hate both. 

Since we cannot end on a negative note--it's just not the way to start the day--I am happy to report that my first brisket a la Big Green Egg was delish.  Next time I may cook it 30-45 minutes less but whatever.  I'm always picking, and my internal need for perfection is just silly.  Good enough is good enough, right?

I am off this morning to a meeting with a friend who had a stroke several years ago, and who I haven't seen in ages.  Since she cannot drive anymore, I'm picking her up shortly.  It should be great fun, so I'm outta here!  Happy Thursday to all and just remember, it's almost the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment