Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Shhhhhh!

Suffice it to say, I am not a first thing in the morning smiley face kind of gal.  I need a cup of coffee and some quiet time, before the smile bursts forth on my face for the day.  Someone else around here who gets up before me just cannot remember this.  By the time I'm stirring, he's all jived up from listening to The Ticket, and is ready to take his own show on the road.  It's all I can do not to chop his head off when he's all shot out of a cannon first thing in the morning.  And when it's gorgeous and all cool and springy outside, let's just say he's all that to the tenth power. (eye roll and head shake)

That said, since it was all cool and springy outside, we slept with our windows open.  Since I knew Sis might be chilly, I invited her to come slide under the covers with me this morning.  This doesn't happen every day but when it does, Sis is just like her BF--all shot out of a cannon-- until she calms down.  She wiggles, her tail thumps non-stop, and she licks your face every few seconds.  She just can't help herself.  It's pure dog joy.  Since her ears were chilly, as was her suit, we spooned for awhile and once she totally calmed down, we were back to back, warm as puppies in a dog pile. There's just nothing like warm dog smell first thing in the morning.

And if that wasn't wonderful enough, I cooked the rest of the bacon we had left over from the weekend--the good peppered bacon from Virginia.  Oh, yeah.  Extra crispy.  Sis nearly swooned....bed and bacon???  Her day is made and it's not even 10 AM.   
                                                               
Do any of you know anyone who is a Nook reader, other than me?  I want to find others who can be a part of my network.  Let me know if you know of anyone as I have books I've already read and would love to share.  Kindle people won't work--they have to be Nook people.
                       
 Happy Spring day to all.                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment