Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ode to washing machines

Yesterday my washer was pronounced not worth saving so knowing that my oldest son had recently purchased one, I texted him to find out where he'd bought his.  Big mistake.  I was told I "needed to shop around, really look, negotiate, and take about a week before I made my decision".  By this point I was howling.  I asked him exactly how many washers he'd bought in his lifetime.  Silence...then laughter.  I told him I was buying one that day, that I knew what I wanted, and since this was washer # 4 for me, that I thought I could handle it. Even me... feeble minded old May-May, could sort this one out.

Then last night he called about something else, but asked if I had found anything.  I told him "Yep.  They are delivering it Thursday."  Whaaaat?  Then much laughter.  We discussed price, features, etc. and I was finally told that he thought I'd gotten a good deal.  Glory be.....  I told him I was not going to drive the thing--I was just going to wash clothes with it, so after the decision of agitator or no agitator, it was a quick decision from there.  But here's the funniest part.  He wanted me to be sure and not let them haul off my old one.  He wants to blow it up at the farm, like he did his old one. Be. my. guest.

Washing clothes is one of my most favorite things in the world, because it says all is right with the world, and you will shortly have clean, fresh smelling clothes.  For the longest time, I thought I was the only person who felt that way.  After a little research, I found out I am one among many who feel that way.  When my laundry is all done, and put away, I can handle just about anything.  It's that neat, straight, clean thing.  I feel at peace with the world and all Zen.  See why I had to have that washer pronto?  It's a quality of life issue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment