Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Let's blow 'er up

Gorgeous day and out to breakfast at John's cafe.  What a perfect way to start a day.  Now it's on to the backyard to finish planting the flat of impatiens I got Friday and partially planted yesterday.  Somehow spritzing up my yard just says Easter, and almost summer.  While Bruce went to the Symphony last night with friends (I hate classical music for longer than about 10 minutes and this was 2.5 hours worth--no way!), I stayed home and finished my book, Chosen by a Horse.  To say I sobbed through it would be an understatement, but it was well worth it.  If you've ever loved an animal--any animal--this one was a doozie.  The writing was so raw and honest, tears were the only way out.  Ahhhh...nothing like a good cry to relax your mind, body, and spirit.

I have it on good authority that Brian and his band of buddies took his old washer and dryer up to the Farm yesterday and blew them up.  No kidding.  I thought the plan might be to use them for target practice but apparently that wasn't thrilling enough.  They needed to go bigger.  Much bigger.  So, they blew up the first one and decided while it was exciting, they really needed to double the amount of explosive for round two.  I'm thinking the Drag Strip down the road from the Farm is wondering where in the world all the metal came from, but as long as Brian and company cleaned up the mess at our end, it's no worse than other activities that have taken place up there.  And, no, I'm not telling what else I know.  :)

Here's the before.  I'm not sure there was much left for an after shot.  Boys and their toys.....oh, my.


No comments:

Post a Comment