Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, May 13, 2011

2 new friends

Something serious must have gone down at Blogger since I've been unable to get on for almost 24 hours.  Weird.  In the time off, I've met two new friends, only one of which I had the opportunity to snap a picture of with my phone, so, with no more ado..... heeeeeeere's......... Dixie.  OK...if that didn't make you laugh then you're just one tough crowd.  C'mon...doesn't she looked thrilled to be all dressed up, and at North Park, no less??  And her owner said she's only six.  I thought she was a hundred.  She's probably just depressed.

I personally am all over her gun and holster, and her hat is a nice one, as far as dog hats go.  It seems her owner was there with her to drum up interest in a book he's written, in which Dixie stars.  With Sis in the chair behind me, I just hope she doesn't get a gander at Dixie.  I tried dressing Sis up once--and only once.  I was trying to make her a German Fraulein and when I put fake pearls around her neck, she bolted and the pearls went everywhere. If I wrote a book about Sis, it would be all swear words.

Once Fred cut up a white sock as a sweater for Wigman, when he was tee tiny and it didn't look so good either.  When we stuffed him in it, he looked like a little white German sausage.  And not in a good way either.  Wig was so unglued we took it off of him 'cause...hey....a guy can only take so much.  Then another time, I bought him a very regal purple velvet Christmas collar with bells on the points, and he looked like a court jester.  He was sooo miserable, I finally took it off because I thought  he might kill himself. 

My other new little friend lives in the next block down and is a "pocket beagle".  I swear I'm not making this up.  Sis and I made his acquaintance yesterday afternoon, while out for a stroll.  He was actually doing more "bucking" on his leash than actual walking, but he's little, so we need to cut him a little slack (leash pun).  He looks just like a regular beagle puppy--he's just supposed to stay small.  How small?  I dunno and neither did his mom, so we'll just have to wait and see.  He was her Mother's Day present from her three son's (I would kill mine) and while she was thinking more of a fluffy, girly dog, oh, noooooo.....the guys wanted HIM.  Some present.  The jury is still out on his official name until the two who are finishing finals at OU get home today, but I think it's safe to say his name is already Buckwheat.  Their other big beagle is named Spanky

No comments:

Post a Comment