Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hot and windy--but fun

It was a fast and furious weekend at the Farm with gale force wind, but it was still fun.  Even when it's windy, at least there's a breeze.  While Neil, Bruce's middle brother, planted some plants, I was the ice water and iced tea hoofer back and forth.  My heavy lifting was comprised of sprinkling bags of cedar mulch, after Neil had planted the plants, and smoothing it all around.  Oh, and yessssssss....I also watered the plants in afterwards.  That little bit of effort had me sweating like a hog at butcherin' time and Neil was just as hot. The humidity was just awful.

I did pay my favorite new haunt in town a visit, to see what new things she might have at The Purple Umbrella, but alas, what she had and what I currently have, did not dance well together.  So, instead, we ran back to the house, picked up Sis, and headed out to see the Lake Ray Hubbard Marina, which Sis and I had never seen.  Sis was thrilled to be included, but was mad when I would not put down my window.  Get over yourself, Sis...it was HOT outside. The Marina was much larger than I had expected and very nice, and boy, did that water look inviting.  But since it was white capping and gusty, not a lot of boats appeared to be going out.  Good call.

Oh.....I almost forgot about the little ooops I had when we first arrived.  I opened the big house door, struggled to drop off stuff inside, put the keys down, and stepped outside just as a big gust slammed the door.  The problem??  I hadn't taken the thumb latch lock off BEFORE the door slammed.  Uh, oh.  Luckily, Fred found a way in and since this is online, I'm not saying how, but he did.  Whew.  Otherwise my name would have been mud. 

The shunned horse from a few weeks ago is gone, and another one who is the same red as two of the others is there in his place. He must already know everybody, because there's none of that "you can't play with us" stuff going on anymore.  In fact, Friday night on our way back from dinner, all four of them were hanging around the Barn like dinner was about to be served.  I just couldn't stand it, so once we parked, I hoofed it back down there and served everyone a potluck dinner of oats, and nobody complained in the slightest.  A couple of them even nickered and whinnied their  thank you's, so I felt quite rewarded for my efforts.   Saturday, they were all back in there, again, around lunchtime.  They must think the Barn is a restaurant and no, I did not wait tables again.

The fields were full of wild flowers--so beautiful in fact, it stuns me to think in the past, they used to mow the fields early,  and miss all this.  Some folks be crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment