Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, May 5, 2011

In a pig's ear and Thank you, Mr. President

In a weak moment at the grocery store Sunday, knowing Sis wanted something to chew on, I bought her a package of pig's ears.  Yeah, I did, and even I couldn't believe I did it.  They're in the section with the rawhide chews and I know not to give her those, so instead, I gave her something probably much worse and skankier--a dried, smoked pig's ear, (3/pkg), and she went into orbit.  She was so protective of it on Sunday that she wouldn't let Fred or me have it, when we asked her for it.  She didn't growl because she knew that would be it for her...but she didn't let us have it either.  By the time we finished unpacking the groceries, poof, it was gone.

Yesterday afternoon, while she was sunning herself in the backyard, I let her have the second one.  OOOO, la la....how great does life get?  A chewy delicious pig's ear, in the sun, in your own backyard and no one trying to take it from you?  Quite simply heaven. Since today looks like a instant reply of yesterday, weather-wise, somebody just might get lucky again.

On another front, I'd like to weigh in (a little dieting pun) on President Obama's decision not to release pictures of a dead Osama Bin Laden.  May I thank you profusely for that decision, Sir.  I don't know about anybody else, but I have no problem not seeing, and being protected from, that level of gore.  This is not an ER and believe me, that's not a picture you really want to see.   I also personally am not paranoid about whether Bin Laden is still alive.  And, I'm not worried about Elvis either.  I believe both of them have "left the building", thank you very much.  If you are like The Donald, you probably still don't believe the President was actually born in Hawaii, despite his birth certificate, and it follows logically you won't believe a picture of a dead Bin Laden either.  Releasing a picture wouldn't have convinced someone who is really paranoid, and might have endangered lots of others needlessly.  And hey...if you do think Bin Laden is still alive....pay attention to those voices you are hearing in your head.  They really are out to get ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment