Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day To All

I like to tell everyone Happy Mother's Day, even if my friend's don't have kids.  If they have animals, they have kids--just the four legged kind.  Sis got me a card and had her Dad fix me breakfast this morning, despite the fact she wouldn't come in the kitchen and give me kisses, which I thought was the very least she could do.  Nope.  Too busy.  She had to watch the birds and squirrels out the front window.  Bad on you, Sis.  As a loving mother, I still shared two bites of my turkey bacon with her.  A "mother's love is a sad love", as Fred's dad always used to say.  Sis also had a pre-Mother's Day bath, teeth brushed, and ears cleaned last night, so maybe that's why she still has some 'tude going on. 

Brian and Benji sent me some beeee-u-ti-ful flowers yesterday while I was making pesto, and I've carried them room to room with me so I could enjoy them.  I figure if I am fortunate enough to receive flowers, I want to ENJOY them, so I do.  If you wanted some and didn't receive any, do what any smart woman today does for herself.  Go buy yourself some.  You deserve them and you are worth it.  Splurge, baby.  Here's some from me, too.  

Yesterday's pesto making resulted in filling three of the small Glad containers, so I am set for a good while and I still have basil left over to throw in a salad.  I doubled the recipe so as to only have to make one big load.  The recipe says it's easier to make in the blender, but I disagree.  I start it in the food processor since it is so much easier to mix it in, than my blender.  My blender hates trying to grind up all the leaves and I end up repeatedly trying to force it to do it's job.  (You don't even want to know how many blenders I've burned out in 32 years, so let's just say, a lot.)  Once the food processor has done it's job, then I dump it all in the blender to get a really nice smooth sauce.  It's still thick, but the consistency is just better.  The food processor just doesn't seem to be able to get it as smooth as the blender, and if you put it all in the dishwasher afterwards, no muss, no fuss.

Actually, I learned an easy trick to clean my blender, on TV, so sometimes I do it.  Rinse out the blender container, and then add hot water about half way full and some dish washing liquid.  This is the important part: put your hand, covered by a cup towel on top, and hold tight.  Then hit blend.  If you fail to cover your hand with a cup towel or hold tight, you will really not like this.  Otherwise, it's great.  Let it blend for a few seconds, and then rinse out the soapy blender container and top, and dry.  Presto, cleano.  Or in my case, pesto, cleano.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment