Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Welcome to Sanger

Just back from a lovely weekend at the Farm and one night just doesn't seem to do it for me anymore.  Once I'm there, I just want to stay and "chillax", to quote Benji.  Two nights is just purrrrfect.  The wild flowers were all over the pastures and I'm so glad no one has mowed them, as it seems has happened in the past.  Too beeeee-u-tiful for words.  There's also a new horse I'd never met before and when I hopped out of Fred's car, to have a little meet and greet, he didn't run, but he also wasn't real eager to visit.  I could have walked back down later with an apple, but  frankly, I didn't care all that much.  If he's going to hang with us for awhile, I can put more effort into meeting him next time.  Plus, by then, he may want an apple a whole lot more, since the other horses are giving him the stink eye and running him off.  By next time, I might look pretty good with that apple.  Since we felt sort of sorry for him being all alone, and since he was already in the barn corral, I talked Fred into giving him some oats, 'cause he looked hungry.  And the other horses didn't get any, because they were hanging out down by the creek, being mean. 

The Farm weather was chilly, so that your first cup of coffee was especially important.  And the second one, and even the third, and then I said to hell with it and just turned on the heat for a little toast up session.  Then I cut it back off after it warmed up more and propped open the doors.  Deeeelightful.
  For lunch, we headed into town to King's, newly re-opened and right off the town square-- a place we just love.  The food's great and we really like the couple who own and run it.   Then after lunch, while Fred checked out Radio Shack for some parts, the plan was I was going to wait in the car....that is until I spied a really cute store next door, that just said come on in and spend some money, honey.  So, I did.  I had stuck my head in Radio Shack and told Fred I was going next door, but when he came next door to find me, I was sitting down trying on boots, and he couldn't see me.  So, he went back next door to Chris at Radio Shack and told her "I can't find my wife".  Chris walked him back next door where I was, and shouted "Is anybody in here lookin' at stuff?" and of course, I stood up and yelled "Yeah......ME!!" and everybody in the store started laughing.  Fred... like... to... died.  Dontcha just love small towns?  To me they are just hilarious. Fred??  Not so much.  Plus, he had to buy me some boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment