Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No AAA's??

I think I'm gonna scream and I'm NOT a screamer.  I am still having computer trouble and can't access this site except to go all over everywhere, and then get on.  Yes, it's a high class problem, as problems go, but no less frustrating.  My wireless mouse died--added what I thought were new batteries--no luck.  Bought a new mouse but before I opened it, added yet another set of batteries just for fun, and now I have to return the new mouse.  Then my wireless keyboard started acting up-no AAA's, either--so I am limping along here correcting every other word, since my batteries are heading south.  Ohhhhh, life.....why do you do this to me?

On a happier note, the day is gorgeous and though I haven't gone out yet to check on my gardenia gals, I'm hopeful the hail didn't pound them too badly.  I had two" almost blooms" yesterday, that should be "pickers" today, unless the hail got them.  Jeeze....those poor gals.  They've endured rain, sleet, ice, snow, and several rounds of hail, and could have had to deal with a tornado or two, but luckily, escaped that wrath.  Well..... lookey 'heah...they made it after all.  And they smell deeeeeeevine!!!  Just lean over and take a sniff....I won't tell anybody you smelled your monitor.  They are smaller than I'd planned, but I'll take what I can get. 

On a totally random note, I saw on the Internet where a family had a third child and while happy to announce the child's birth, they are not releasing the sex of the child.  My first thought was that there must be some sort of sexual ambiguity (hermaphrodite or other other) issue but, nope, that's not the deal.  The parents just want the child to "be whomever he/she wants to be" and while that's an admirable idea, how do you do that exactly?  Even the grandparents don't know the sex of the child and it's 4 months old.  Wouldn't a simple diaper change take care of that or do they not let the gr-peeps change the baby's diapers?   And what about pronoun's??  How do you avoid saying he or she... or do you just say "it"?  Whoa.  People are interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment