Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hello, Italy?????

Italy, Italy, Italy.....while I sit here drumming my fingers waiting for a response to my emails, I keep having to remind myself that folks half a world away, don't get in the same kind of hurry we American's do.  Piddle, piddle, piddle.  And come to think about it, might they have a superior way of living??  Perhaps I need to start living more like they do and less like I'm used to, and enjoy the health benefits, not to mention just the sheer joy of a slower pace.  After all, what I'm waiting to hear back on is potential spots for a Rehearsal Dinner and menu possibilities, and as earth shaking as that may feel to me, it's just one meal.  Perhaps I need to throttle back and get over myself.  Yeah....good idea.

I don't know what shocked me more this morning.  The two headed baby born in China or Maria and "Ahnold" separating.  Both are sad and sort of shocking.  I'm always surprised when people separate after the 25+ year mark.  The first thing I think is...dang, by then you're probably past the hardest part of marriage and kids, but I guess that's not the case for lots of folks.  Maybe for the Tipper Gore's of the world and other political wives, they can finally get off the campaign trail and have a life of their own.  I can certainly understand that, especially with the ego's some of these political guys have shown.  I'd be out of there, too.  Enough is enough.  Buh, bye.

On a totally different topic, the three little monkey's and their parents all went by to see mom on Mother's Day.  Interestingly, my sister shared with me that Hudson picked up on the changes in mom immediately and felt sad.  And he's 5.  I hope I get this right but my sister said he told his mom that "Babe is different" and other than that, probably didn't have the vocabulary to say what else he felt, if he even knew what he felt, other than sad.  He was so intuitively correct, as the Babe he remembers used to come visit HIM, and have "Yifesavers" (Lifesavers) in her purse for him ALWAYS.  Now...not so much.  Because he's so tender, I told my sister that she had a great teaching opportunity and to call him back and explain to him what was going on with Babe.  I told her to tell him that sometimes when people get old, they need a lot more of our help, just like babies do.  I figured with two little sisters he'd get this part easily.  They may need more help walking, eating, or putting on their clothes.  And sometimes, they go live with other people, in a nice place, where they can all be together, and get the extra help they need.  She called him and they chatted, so I hope he's feeling better about the whole thing.  Ouch.  Pain at both ends of the spectrum.

And now for a good laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment