Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Addiction--I love mine!

Addiction.  I have a new one and I'm enjoying the absolute hell out of it.  It's shoes, and I just can't quit looking at them and occasionally buying them.  Now these aren't just "entertainment purchases"--I need these--so I'm just letting my fingers do the walking as I peruse different sites.  Being a card carrying cheapo on some things, DSW is my most favorite sight.  I can buy lots of pairs for the cost of a really $$$$ pair other places.  That's not to say that I'm not absolutely salivating over a certain pair of $$$$ fab Italian pumps I found at Nordstrom's, but when I figured how seldom I'd actually wear them, walking away was slightly less painful--but not much.  Why is it the Italians make such killer fitting shoes?  I must have been Italian in a previous life because my fat, square, little feet are just an Italian shoe makers perfect fit.  And then there's that little theory of "you get what you pay for", but if the box is more comfortable than the shoe, I don't care how cute it is--it ain't goin' home with me.

I think I also love DSW because there are just SO MANY shoes to play with.  It's that thrill of the hunt thing that really get's my mojo going.  Invariably, all of the 6-6.5 size gals love shoes as much as I do, because a lot of times they beat me there, but that's also part of the thrill.  Ha!  I got 'um before you did.  Neeeener.  And did I mention it's right next to Gold's Gym in the parking garage?  So that after I work out, I can cruise through as a reward for my treadmill time or weights work out?  Man, that's dangerous.  So may shoes, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment