Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, June 24, 2011

I went to visit mom yesterday after a luncheon I had attended to tell her about it, and to see how she was.  We visited for a few minutes before the activities lady, Alicia, came to get mom for an outing.  She made it sound like a few ladies were going but it was more like the whole shebang on mom's floor.  Since Edgemere has a little bus, they were all going to load up on the bus, go for a ride, and then go get ice cream.  I didn't give mom time to say no--I had her up and down the hall before she knew what had hit her.

  Now, never mind I have run a department of up to 21 employees at one time, so I understand a little about people management, but I'll be hog tied if I can figure out how they are going to load all of these mostly walker and wheel chair adults, get them situated and I would hope seat belted in, drive them around, and then unload them for ice cream.  Maybe they don't unload them, but you get the drift.  And the part that got me laughing was this: these people all have Alzheimer's, right?  So, while Baskin Robbins is the logical place for ice cream since it's just right near Edgemere, it has 31 flavors to choose from, doesn't it?  So, how does that work?  Some of these folks don't always know family members, so how are they going to remember what ice cream flavor they like?  Do they just eenie, meenie, minie, mo the flavors, and pass them out, or does everybody just get chocolate?  I don't know why my brain thinks about stuff like this but it just does, and by now, I'm sure they've done this drill enough times that they have some kind of system in place.  And I think I'm going to just have to ask how they do it, or curiosity is just gonna kill this cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment