Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Villa Brunella

OK...we have to talk about Italy a little more.  I emailed our Rehearsal Dinner site, Villa Brunella, to definitely book us, the time, the number of guests, and the rest of my admittedly OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) details since well....I just want it to be nice.  Tick...tick...tick...nothing back by email saying "Got it", "we're on it", or even "you're hooked up, baby".  Zippo.  So, I patiently wait another week and still nothing.  So, last night I pulled the trigger, again, and re-emailed saying I just wanted to be sure they'd received my reservation request. 

BANG!  This morning, Guiseppe had responded saying what I needed to hear, and on Villa Brunella Hotel letterhead to boot.  OK, now we're talking, and I can relax.  My plan is to arrive in Capri bleary eyed from travel, take a shower, maybe eat something, and head on over to Villa Brunella and meet Guiseppe, see where he's placed us, whether we need additional flowers, or candles, give him the table place cards and diagram, and there's just no telling what else I'll ask that poor man, before I'm done.  I think I'll make myself a little list. 

  Now, Guiseppe knows I'm coming on the 22nd and said in his return email, "he looked forward to the pleasure of seeing me" and that part had me howling.  After flying all over, taking a hydrofoil from Naples to Capri, and probably with a duffel bag under each eye, I'm just sure he's going to love seeing me.  Oh, Lordy.

  I figure once I've gotten all of that out of the way and have a good comfort level of everything dinner related for the 23rd, I can then kick back and relax, AND GO TO BED.....  Z-Z-Z-Z-Z.  But who can sleep with a view like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment