Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, June 11, 2011

I liketa died

I don't think I've ever blogged about this, but in this kind of heat, it's worth repeating if I have.  If you are outside doing anything, please have a bottle of cold water or iced something or other, close by, and keep drinking it.  Alcohol isn't your best idea since it further contributes to dehydration, but if you're gonna, chase it with a big old glass of water, one for one.  Yeah, you may pee like a racehorse but at least you won't have a heat stroke. 

On that same note, if you are shopping indoors at the mall, be careful of the iced coffee at E Bar and Starbucks, if you are sensitive to caffeine.  Some one we know got an iced coffee two weeks ago at E Bar outside Nordstrom's, forgetting to tell them decaf coffee--not a double shot of espresso, over ice, as I later found out is their usual iced "flight fuel".  Geeeemonelli....luckily I was on my way home, because by the time I ingested this nuclear waste, I was nauseated, and my head was spinning.  Hellooooooo, OD of caffeine.  I was sick as a dog for about 4 hours, and even asked Fred to come sit on the bed with me.  What??  I never do that.  This has happened before at Starbucks, but I know that, so I remember to tell them.  E Bar?  Had never had their iced "death", so be advised.  If you are a caffeine wuss, beeeeeee careful or it's gonna be real ugleeeee.

We are headed to wedding today in East Texas--an over and back thing--which should be a hoot but hotter than Hell, not that I'd know.  It's a cowboy type thing with a BBQ reception and even though I have my new boots, unless they make air conditioned jeans, there's just no way I'm doing that today.  And a sundress at 57, with boots?  Dream on.  I am off to scavenge in my closet to see what in the world I can come up with.  The bride said anything goes and to wear shorts if the spirit moved ya, so while I'm not going there, I better get in there and get to diggin'.
Happy Weekend to all and stay hydrated!


No comments:

Post a Comment