Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How did this happen?

I don't know when it happened....or even how....for that matter.  Wasn't it just yesterday that I was meeting his mom and dad at their house to help them settle him in, after coming home from the hospital?  I swear it was yesterday....I just know it was.  And he had those tiny newborn little star fish hands and that incredible send you to the moon baby smell.....and he looked just like a baby angel.  He did.  I don't care what anybody says, he DID.  And a couple of times, I got to spend the night with him and feed him in the middle of the night--just the two of us hanging out, snuggling, changing his pants and feeding.  He used to cry with his eyes closed, when he'd first be waking up to eat, and when you'd say his name and he'd open his eyes, he'd kind of startle like "who the hell are you...you are not my mommy!".  It used to crack me up every time.  OK...and did I mention his smell (2nd time) and his soft little cheeks (both sets) that were softer than anything ever made....and his little bowed legs, that all newborns have...and his perfect tee tiny toes...and their smell.  OMG. 


And now look at him.....he's almost all grown up!  He's going to be a first grader in the Fall.  Ahhhhh!!  He still smells divine--like a sleeve of fresh graham crackers---but that baby part is just adios.  And his beautiful smile, perfect hair, and gentle kind disposition.  Yes, he can act like a boy--they all can--but that's just not his basic personality.  He truly is an Angel Boy and I adore him.  I love you, Hudson!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment