Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bring on the 4th!

Since my trainer tried to kill me yesterday, I may take it a little easy on myself today.  She's training for a triathlon in September, so that's what had her so juked up.  What is it with those little teeny twenty somethings that makes them think I can do, what they can do.  Eeesh.  We did scream out laughing over how uncoordinated I am, though....no kidding, I really am... and I know it and don't care.  I was laughing as hard as Emily, my trainer.  I'm sort of a floor show all on my own, especially when arms and legs are supposed to be doing opposite things.

Now, on to the 4th of July and everyone's plans.   I am considering making a small 8x8 peach cobbler with some of my Fredricksburg peaches, but I may go see what peaches Central Market has that are fresh, fresh, fresh.  Fred usually makes his famous Mexican Chocolate ice cream that's just a 4th of July must, or we will hear from Crashman wanting to know what in the hell happened.  I think he's going to Austin-- but he'll be back, and then we'll definitely have some 'splainin' to do.  Since we dumped the old electric ice cream freezer in favor of a serious and much needed up grade, making any ice cream is a snap and soooo much quieter.  The old freezer used to squeal and screech constantly and was just Gawd awful even behind a closed Utility room door.  Fred had to wear a pair of pink hunting ear plugs while the old one did it's thing.   The new one is quiet as the grave....thank you, Cuisinart.

I ran by to see mom yesterday and she was watching Oprah, and loving it.  Every once in a while, she'd come out with an "in tune" statement, but for the most part, she had a confused look on her face the whole time.  She allowed as how she "had a hankering for some Mexican food"--and you all wonder where I come up with half my language--so I just called my sister to see when she and I can take mom to El Frequence (El Fenix), for lunch.  It's not the greatest Mexican food in the world but it's easy and close by, so that'll do.  Lunch could be interesting, since yesterday, mom kept trying to take off her shirt while I was sitting there, but I feel sure by now, El Frequence has seen just about everything  




No comments:

Post a Comment