Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Snoozin'

Someone is still in the snooze bag and loving every second of it.  Never underestimate the power of a good bath, clean ears, and fresh dog linens on your bed, for that is the making of countless hours of delicious snoozing....especially when the den is cool and quiet.  Sis moved around a little when I went into the kitchen to make coffee a little bit ago, but that's been the extent of it.  She's still in bed lolling on her back like a fat black seal. When she's finally ready to get up, she'll jump up in one of the den chairs to look out, and get fully awake.  Since she is not a morning person, this is her "coffee time".

Now while I realize this next topic doesn't sound earth shaking to some, for me it's becoming a problem, and it's Mayonnaise.  How does a South Beach dieter make tuna or shrimp salad without said mayo?  Mayo is on the verboten list and while, yes, I can cheat like crazy, I'm in a quandary as to what a reasonable but tasty alternative might be.  Low fat mayo has too much sugar, so whadaya dooooo?  What if I mixed a little plain yogurt (bleeeech) with a smidge of mayo, and then jazzed up the tuna with legal stuff?  For the shrimp, maybe I could add some Old Bay seasoning to the yogurt/ mayo concoction, add a squeeze of lemon, and see if it's edible, or just a complete gagger?  I have looked though all my SB cookbooks and not one addresses this weighty (pun) issue which means, I may have to go it alone here and "play" until I get something reasonably tasty.  Or, maybe I'll to go online to SB Diet and see what some other crafty SB'ers have come up with...yep, I think that's my plan before I make a huge plain yogurt ick mess. 

I just went for more coffee and Sis is finally up, resting in the den chair closest to the driveway.  She can't see out because the shades are down, but she appears to be contemplating her busy day ahead.  She smells wonderful and fresh-- but one hunting episode out front should fix that, back to her old stinky squirrel hunting  self. Rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment