Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ohhhh, summer

I am just loving the slower pace of summer.  No hurry, no worry....it will get done, whatever it is.  And that rain last night was just heaven sent.  This morning, everything is fresh and hydrated, and that hot, dry, crazy making wind is long gone.  And best of all, I get a day off from watering anything.  I didn't hear a lot of it last night since I had my Sleepmate white noise machine on and that drowns out almost everything, but I did hear the first sounds of rain on the skylight, and just prayed it would continue as I slid back to sleepdom.

My trainer just called and she's not feeling well so today I'll just go it alone.  The bad news is, when I train myself, I count real fast and cheat like hell.  And then I have an attack of conscious, and make myself do it right, plus a few extra, and by the time I'm done with myself, I'm lots worse on myself than Emily would ever have been.  Today is weights and machines so I should be bow-legged by noon, walking weird after all those leg lifts.  But truthfully, I kind of enjoy it....I know that's just wrong to admit....but I do.  I feel good afterwards and know I'm D-O-N-E for the day. 

For any of you having a stay-cation this summer, they can be really fun, I promise.  Make a list of fun stuff you've never done here at home, and then go do it.  One summer that's what Fred and I did.  We'd never been to the School Book Depository downtown and we went and toured it, and then had lunch.  Another day, we went to an Art Fair/ celebration in Ft. Worth.  I'm ready to do it again this year.  I want to go see the Cow Girl Museum in Ft. Worth, visit the Amon Carter to see a special painting, and heaven only know what else I can cook up.  I love the Kimball, too, so that would be loads of fun as well.  And best of all, I heard air conditioning in every last one of those, so I don't even have to get all sweaty.  Maybe I can talk him into going this Saturday.  Whadaya think, Fred?

No comments:

Post a Comment