Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, June 20, 2011

Enough on the wind already

Not to be a bad sport here but I am just way over this hot wind.  I can't get our house and pots watered before Mary's start to droop,  I run and do hers, and then it starts all over again.  This job sucks-- and that's not including the plants inside Mary's house.  I've had to be extra careful inside, because she does that old lady fake out thing of putting silk flowers in a real plant.  And then others are just regular old fakes--and then some are totally real.  I damn near watered one of the fake-o's the first week.  She needs to get herself back home before I do just that--water a fake-o.

I must say my hands smell pretty tasty right now....I just finished putting one of those Napa rubs on the girlfriends you see here, and even after mixing with a little EVOO, to make it slide right on and keep the meat moist, my little hands smell deeeelish.  (Yes, I washed them but it was a quick job and I can tell Sister would like to lick them but she's not going to.)  If I let her, she'll have garlic breath afterwards and her's is plenty bad enough as it is.

The only excitement we've had recently was the fire that occurred last night, two blocks down from us.  It was on the news, and they've had the Restorations trucks there all day today, trying to slurp up all the water they used to put that thing out.  The wind was a major factor in whipping that thing into a frenzy and the doctor whose house was damaged, was standing out in his front yard this afternoon in his scrubs, visiting with neighbors.  Don't you know he's pissed?  He has a ginormous hole in the back part of his house where the fire went hog wild.  What a royal kick ass mess.  Word on the block is, he can lie in bed and look straight up at the stars tonite.  Give's a whole new meaning to sleeping under the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment