Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Arm chair travel

This morning I am getting a new hot water heater.  Glamorous, right?  Right up there with a new set of tires.   Our old one was starting to go and after 14 years and Dallas water, it's bound to have several inches calcium  at the bottom of the tank.  Man...when our stuff starts dying, it goes in clumps. Sis, however, is thrilled with all the activity, and the front door being ajar, while they drain the heater.  I am not thrilled with having to rodeo her to keep her out of trouble.  Dang. this. is. fun.

Having not see our resident hawk in quite some time, I was concerned he'd taken off for some place new but I saw him yesterday, flying over Sparkman- Hillcrest Funeral home.  It was around 2:15 pm and he was soaring, looking for a late lunch.  I wished I could have stopped and watched him, but I was in the middle of Northwest Highway and stopping just wasn't an option. 


After reading other blogs this morning, I keep wondering why I live in Texas, when I see other places that can grow things we just can't--or I can't anyway.  And they don't get as blast furnace hot as we do, either.  But then I have to remind myself that they deal with loads of snow and ice in the winter, and I don't.  I'm thinking I just need to have a summer home somewhere.  That would work....and I could just rent one so I could move around all over the country.  Or even another country.  I don't want to own one because of all the upkeep and hassle-- unless I find someplace I'd really want to make that kind of investment.  I just want to visit and explore and get to know the area, like a native.  Then when I get bored with an area, move on the next year somewhere else.  This might be a good starting place.  I'm not sure where it is and I don't care.  I'd just like to see it and hang there awhile.

Or maybe Cape Cod.


Or Maine.

Lovely...all of them.  OOOOO, ahhhhh.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment