Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Here's what's shakin'

Lots going on around here this morning.  Out front is a huge ditch digger digging up the chunk of "repaired" sand and concrete that was put in two weeks ago over the leak we had in the middle of our street.  Now they have cut a much larger rectangle and I can hardly wait to see what they do next.  And here I thought they were almost finished.  Shows what I know.  This is the kind of morning where you need a passel of little boys out front, watching, all seated front row, on my driveway.  Oh, how I wish today wasn't a school day!  This would be right up Hudson's alley.



I just texted Benji to find out how last night went after his PRK surgery.  When he described the surgery, I have to admit I did kind of get the creeps.  He said he hated the things they insert in your eye to keep it propped open (retractors), but the thing that really got me was when he said after they lasered his eye, they ran a thing that felt like an electric toothbrush over his eye to remove debris, and then squirted his eye with super cold solution that made his eye ache.  Whoa.  And then you have the other eye to look forward to.  I know it will all be worth it in the long run-- it's the short run that doesn't sound too appealing.    Here's the eye retractor.  Eewww.

                      
I made a load of cookies yesterday afternoon and took some by to my favorite short guy.  He was waiting out front for the hand off before heading over to play with the little girl next door.  I have accepted the fact that I am just not any competition for a younger gal next door--even with a load of cookies--and that's exactly how it should be.
  According to his mom, he had had a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" just like Alexander in the book of the same name, so I figured cookies were in order.  Sometimes still warm chocolate chip cookies make a crummy day just a little bit better.  Sure works for me!

 Remember this book??

No comments:

Post a Comment