Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, May 21, 2012

Kevin Costner

Yesterday amidst pleas from me to puh-leeeease get rid of Benji's old TV, Fred finally did, and took it out front and put it by the curb.  This is what's known as Harris Recycling.  We put whatever we don't want out front and it always gets taken.  The TV stayed there for a good while and I noticed first thing this morning it was gone--on to another user.  It was an old Sony Trinitron and the sound was weird--it sounded tinny and made people's voices sound like Munchkins.  Way past time to go in my book.  Hasta la vista, baby.

If you missed reading yesterday's Parade magazine in the paper and the interview with Kevin Costner, dig your paper out of the recycle bin.  I have to say up front that had I not heard him speak at Whitney Houston's funeral, I would have powered right past the article and not given it a second glance.  For such a pretty face, he is a very smart, gentle, and talented man who knows what he thinks and most of all how he "feels", and he can even tell you.  In real words.  This guy is deep, too.  Some of his responses were so right on and grounded, it was hard to remember this was a Hollywood star.  And during the BP oil spill, he even had BP's attention with some of his ideas of how to clean up their mess.  I kid you not.

Though I have enjoyed most of his movies, I admit I didn't see Water World, and I'm thinking probably only six people in the entire world have seen it, tanker that it was.  In the article, I had the sense I was hearing from Kevin the person--not the actor.  He had no skin in the game and no movie coming out to promote.  I just had the sense this was the real him--take it or leave it. 

Now I do admit the guy has aged well --but he's done so, nicely, on the inside, too.  Articulate, clever, definitely someone who loves his family and children--just an all round nice guy and somebody who'd be fun to hang with once you got over being star struck, 'cause I know I would be.  It was such a nice change to hear a man not be so all about himself.  You go, Kevin.


Man...I'd hit that, wouldn't you??


1 comment:

  1. Actually, Kevin has said 'Waterworld' made over 400 million dollars. It made more than it's money back from the overseas box office and is still on TV often. And I agree with everything you said about Kevin! He's definitely one of a kind!!

    ReplyDelete