Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Love this weather!!

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.  Rain, thunder, and a cool front...what more can a girl ask for?  Sometimes even the weather has a way of just working itself out.  Rather a good metaphor for life.  When things seem the bleakest and most awful, knot your rope and hang on.  Things will eventually change because they have to....nothing ever stays the same no matter how icky things can feel.  Ride it out, and the waves that feel like they'll drag you under??  Surf 'em instead.  Show yourself that you have enough faith to ride out anything. 

Sometimes I forget that I can chose how I feel.  I don't have to feel sad, angry, tired, etc.  I can chose to feel happy even though everything may not be perfect, and what in the world is "perfect" anyway??  I think that word should be removed from the dictionary.  I understand the concept, but if it never really happens, do we really need a word to describe it?

Anywho, on to Scarletta news.  I spoke with Benji last night and it sounds as if the video shoot in the Bahamas was crazy insane fun, and another one of those things where even if you'd planned it, it couldn't have been more "perfect".  See....there's that word again.  Anyway, I can't wait to see the video once it's complete and judging from the pictures and some of his stories, it was more of a vacay than work.  I luvvvvv that.

Does this look like work to you??
      
Nahhhhh.

I ran by to check on mom yesterday and she was napping.  She's become a first class napper and now I know where I got my napping gene.  Dad was a great napper, too, so I got a double dose.  She's lost a little over a pound in the last month, but the free falling weight loss has subsided and she seems to be in better spirits, according to the nurse manager.  I realize she "performs" for us when we visit, so I'm glad she's happier even when we aren't there.  We've concluded her night sweats are from her Aricept medication but I don't want to take her off of it.  The slide downhill in the cognitive department would be grim.

Mr. and Mrs Duck are out front, crouched in the front yard grass enjoying the drizzly rain.  I'm not sure where they go at night but they seem to be regulars on our block during the day, and specifically in our hard.  They are fun to watch, but it's loads more fun watching the reaction on peoples faces when they drive by and see them sitting in the yard.  Waaaay hilarious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment