Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, May 17, 2012

New Technology

I saw the coolest thing the other day on a blog that I get.  It was about Smart Mirrors and how you can write notes on them, get weather, and all kinds of news--ON YOUR MIRROR.  How cool is that?  The New York Times was behind the conception some of it and I'm sure funded a lot of the technology, but it was so cool, I was positively gobsmacked. ( That's my new word.)  Yes, I imagine you could get some of the same information from your TV but your TV is not going to flash you your schedule for the day, now is it?  And as long as it doesn't flash my weight, I'm all for it.  The site wouldn't let me copy a picture for use here so check out Houzz.com if you want to see it and know more.  Here's one I found online.  Man, the future looks keen. (Fred's dad's favorite word)


Now for an update on MR. PRK, Benji Harris.  He's had every single symptom post surgically that they tell you about, lucky guy.  His vision right after surgery was 50% better already and then dipped a day after somewhat.  Totally normal.  Then it improved, though his symptoms were still going strong.  Then it dipped again yesterday, as his surgeon said it might.  From here on, things should improve dramatically.  After a month, his vision should be as good as it will most likely get, which should be one hell of an improvement over what he walked in with. It's just that patience thing that gets old.

It has to be scary having your eyes messed with, especially when it was by choice.  I think when he gets to the other side of healing, and can see like an eagle, it's going to be well worth it.  It's the waiting, and looking like a stoned out wacko with red eyes, that's no fun.  He'll get the contacts they put in, out tomorrow.  I'm thinking having a contact over a raw eye has got to be THE WORST--sort of like perpetual pickle juice in your eye or as he said, like having a Pringle (potato chip) in your eye.

Today I need to begin snipping our backyard that currently looks like a jungle.  I'm thinking a yard crew cut might be in order.  I really want to move a few plants around but my assistant doesn't want to dig holes and that's a skill I am unwilling to cultivate--especially when you can hire people to do that, while you drink iced tea.  Technically, I could dig the hole, I just can't get the big ole plant out anyway, so why not let them do it all?   It's the right thing to do-- and then I don't have to get all sweaty.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment