Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, May 18, 2012

Random update

I just hung up with Benji after his eye doctor appointment and he is already seeing 20/20, four days post op.  His vision will sharpen up as he heals further and could even improve further.  Poor thing...he hasn't seen this good since kindergarten.  I'm just so glad those damn contacts they put in to protect his eyes after surgery are out.  Lasik PRK is more painful, but it sure seems to work.  His doctor said he was a textbook case and to come back in a month for a recheck.  Hall-a-looyer.  I'm betting he sleeps better now, too.  I know I sure will now that this is all over.  Once a mother, always a mother.

For the weekend, I need to turn you on to my latest find that rocked my socks right off my feet.  It's Willy B's smoked salmon, and we had it last night for dinner.  It comes vacuum sealed in plastic, and you refrigerate it until you are ready to serve it.  (You should be able to freeze it, too, but I haven't tried that yet.) If you want it hot, you drop it briefly, still in the bag, into boiling water for a few minutes to reheat it.  We had it room temp with a big old salad and it was some of the best smoked salmon I've ever tasted, and I'm picky.  You can find it at Festive Kitchen in Snider Plaza, my hangout, or at Willy B's in Richardson.  If you plan to go to Festive Kitchen,  call (214 363-5149) and be sure they have some, and grab one of their salads to go with it.  Ours was the Sandy's Favorite Salad, it's huge, and to die for.  It could feed four normal people or two hungry Harris's and even comes with the dressing, though we always need a tad bit more Balsamic Vinaigrette.  While you are grabbing, get one of FK's Green Chicken Chili frozen quiche mixes, and a bag or two of their frozen cookie doughs.   You can thank me later.  :)

Time to go make a huge pot of iced tea and get my weekend started early.


No comments:

Post a Comment