Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, May 25, 2012

Right Here, Right Now

Oh, my...I am the mother of a Country Music recording artist.  Scarletta's new release, Right here, Right Now has hit the country charts and after two days is moving slowly up the charts at a pace that seems to please their investor and recording company.  Woo hoo!  They are on their way, as I type, to the Bahamas to film their first video.  I can't wait to see it once it's done.  I did all the call ins and requests online yesterday for the radio stations to play their song.   Hey...never let it be said I didn't do my part. :) 
Here they are in Orlando headed for the Bahamas.

             
Seeing Benji get highlights yesterday was probably the highlight of my day.  There's just something about guys and hair color that cracks me up.  Benji had wonderful natural highlights as a little boy and now has to pay to get them.  Welcome to my world.  Wait til he tries Botox some day.   Of course by then it will be cheaper, and there will be something else newer and better and just as expensive.  Might be easier to just age gracefully.  Nahhh. Who am I kidding.

Now, on to this weekend.  I paused a moment this morning to think about all the parents, wives, husbands, and children, who have lost loved ones serving this country.  I cannot imagine what Memorial Day must mean for those people, when most of us forget the real meaning, and think of it as merely a day off and a big BBQ.  I know sometimes I'm guilty of that.  Let's all take a moment, if you are so inclined, to pray for those families and thank them for their ultimate sacrifice.  And for any living service people, let's remember to thank them as well.  We'll never really know what someone else has suffered, to give us the freedom to goof around on FB or to vote for the candidate of our choice.  The freedom to do that is big stuff--even in a country that's not perfect.  Show me a better one.  Right Here, Right Now.  (Sorry...I just couldn't resist.)


Happy Memorial Day and stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. Just bought their "album" on iTunes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl!! Keep buying it!! I can't wait to tell Benji. He'll be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete