Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ohhhh, Kathie Lee.....

Today has been a day of experiments for me the first of which has been trying to get my computer to work.  The second one was making a recipe of something to simmer on the stove that makes your house smell like William-Sonoma.  After all this rain, and that wet humid air smell, this morning I decided to give it a shot.

I've been simmering it since mid morning and while it smells OK, it smells more like steamed artichokes to me, than a W-S store.  You are supposed to take a medium sized saucepan, fill it 2/3 with water, slice up a lemon and throw it in, a 1/2 tsp of vanilla, and a few stalks of rosemary.  Simmer gently and voila'.  Easy enough, and I still think it smells like steamed artichokes, so there ya go.  Never mind I didn't measure the vanilla--I like the smell so I just dumped some in.

Yes, I could have just lit several candles but hey, I like to experiment.  If it had turned out totally great, I'd have never known, and it's just merely OK, so now I know.  Maybe I'll just stick to candles or something else in the summer.  They said it was supposed to smell up your whole house but unless I walk around with the whole saucepan, waving it around like they do incense in the Catholic Church, this stuff isn't going far.  Nope.  I'll be lucky if it makes it to the front door.

When I had hoped to post this earlier, I was going to discuss Kathie Lee Gifford's on air gaff yesterday, but by now it's totally old news.  If you didn't see the replay, go watch it and see if you can even see Martin Short flinch.  I could not, and he had to be the kindest man alive not to embarrass her on live TV.  Talk about a trap door moment....ohhhhh, Kathie Lee, noooo you didn't.  Heaven knows we've all had them--just not on live TV. 
                 
                                                 

I just went for one last sniff check, and this stuff is growing me.  I like it!  It doesn't look real pretty right about now, but it does smell nice.  Yep, this one was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment