Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, June 1, 2012

Ohhh, Mr. Keurig

Today I'm going to admit I have a new love interest, though it's not really new.  I've had it since Christmas and it's just the smartest idea ever and I wish I'd thought of it.  It's a Keurig coffee maker and I love it!!  I use it everyday and sometimes several times a day when I just need a little java jolt.  It was a gift from Brian and though someone around here didn't think he wanted one, even he's come around.  What's not to love??

We used to use a big Cuisinart 12 cup coffee maker every day-- and still use on the weekends-- when we are both having coffee.  Otherwise, we'd go through umpteen little K cup coffee things and a big pot is just easier with two people.  If you don't have one of these, get one.  Especially if you are single.  No fuss, no muss.  Just a great cup o' Joe.

You can get one that attaches to a water line so you don't ever need to refill it but I like being able to move mine around the kitchen, if I need the space where ours lives.  Filling the reservoir just isn't a big deal and I like having "options".

Mary called me Wednesday morning at 8:15 AM because "she hadn't seen me sashaying around and was worried".  I assured her I was 100% in sashay mode so not to worry.  I must have been coming and going when she wasn't looking out.  Ever since mom was put on Hospice, Mary has become my fill in mom and it's a job she takes really seriously, and I am grateful for that.  She is a treasure to me and I'm going to have to make her some cookies this weekend and go over and have a good yak.

 If I am sad about mom, I can talk to Mary and even though she cries sometimes when we talk, we always end up laughing.  When she cries, I know she's thinking about her own mortality and her own kids, but she never will avoid the topic--she'll ask me, and if I try to avoid telling her if I'm sad, she'll call me on  it.  I'm not allowed to protect her, which is why we always end up laughing.  She's totally got my number.

Time for my last cup o' the morning so I'll close here.  Enjoy your weekend and don't forget the sunscreen.  Skin cancer is not a stylish accessory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment