Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

You did NOT say that

I've come to realize that beneath this laid back exterior of mine (sigh) beats the heart of a first class nit-picker.  I honestly think I'm turning into my dad.  When people (specifically his mother) mispronounced words, it drove him n-u-t-s, and now it's starting to make my teeth itch, too.  (It's all his fault since I have half his genes.)

Words like guacamole..... this is not a hard word to pronounce.  It's NOT gwak-a-mo-lee--it's wak-a-mo-lay.  If you are going say it, don't say it like you are clearing your damn throat.  The G is silent, people.  This is Spanish--not Texican.  And how about Hawaii?  It's pronounced Ha-wa-eee--- NOT-- Ha-whyy-yu.  Jeeze...do I really need to tell you that??  Now, see.....I'm getting myself all worked up over this.

And this one makes my blood boil...Or-ree-gone.  No, you tool bag, it's Or-ree-gun.  I think Fred says that sometimes simply because 1) he's rural  and  2) because he likes to watch me twist off.

 Now, I'm not going to mention any names here but try this one on for size: Par--meeee-zeeee-un  (Parmesan) or Croy-sunt  (croissant).  And last but certainly not least:  Salllllll-mun (salmon).  The L is silent, remember?  I'm not telling who said these, but I will say, they aren't from my gene pool.
      

                



No comments:

Post a Comment