Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, June 4, 2012

Not much of a Jubilee

All right, all right....I'm just going to go ahead and say what I think most of you may be thinking.  The Jubilee I had so looked forward to is well, rather a flash in ye old pan.  I don't know what I thought it would be but a barge ride down a famous river, a horse race, yada yada yada, just wasn't what I had in mind.  I was thinking maybe more coverage of the younger Royals with the Queen and absolutely none with Her Royal Horseface, Camilla.  Or Anne.  Charles, maybe a tad, but after that, let's see life around Balmoral, Windsor, and even Buckingham Palace, behind the scenes and unfiltered.

I want to see the Queen's private quarters 'cause I'm snoopy, and admit it...so do you.  You know you do.

And then I want to see her closets..... and where she keeps all her jewels--and which ones are her most favorite ones.  Her go-to's, if you will.  And I want the Keeper of the Jewels to tell me all about them--how many carats, etc.  Does she decide what jewels she wants to wear or does someone else decide?  And what about her meals--does she have a menu or do they just whip her up something they know she likes?  Does someone really draw her bath and put toothpaste on her toothbrush??  See...now this is the stuff I want to know.....the Queen up close and personal and it's never going to happen.  She's way too private.

  I know she and Price Philip sleep in separate bedrooms and have for years, which I think is kind of cool.  Judging by the size of his snoot, I bet he can wail up a snore that can be heard all over B-Palace, and let's face it, a Queen does need her rest.  Plus, who wants to fight for covers in that drafty old place and I bet he's a wiggler, too.  Now that's he's got a bladder infection, and is in the hospital, that's a good place for him until he's feeling right'o.  Sorry...I just had to sneak that in.  This is my favorite picture of her so far.  She looks like a naughty little girl having a great laugh.

And speaking of Queens, I just ran by to see mom, and got the low down on her from another perspective.  I think I had shared before that mom "performs" for us when we come by, but apparently she can be a real piece of work when we're not around, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  They don't get her up from her nap until 4pm and then they let her stay in her room and watch TV, because apparently she acts like a crabby toddler when she first awakens.   If there's singing or someone there to entertain the group down in the TV room, mom yells SHUT UP at the top of her lungs because it bugs her, and she can't hear the TV.  I was doubled over laughing when I found this out.  Duh...have you met her??  They learned real quick to bring her down about 4:45pm to watch TV with the others, until dinner at 5pm.  I had a feeling there was more to little Miss Nice than we were seeing.  Yep, she's still my mom.  She used to be The Shusher.  Now she can be Ms. Shut Upppppp.

No comments:

Post a Comment