Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mental White Out

I heard this tidbit of sheer genius awhile back, and thought I'd share it, as it's just too smart to keep under my own hat.  I'd love to claim I thought this up, but alas, I did not.  The person who did reads this blog occasionally, and she'll know why I'm not stating her name.  (I can hear her laughing right now.)

  Here's how it goes: You're going to have to be in a situation you want to avoid, but can't.  You know the kind I'm talking about.  So, instead of trying to amp yourself up to gut through it, you decide instead to simply "white out" the people/person you'd prefer not to deal with, so they instantly do. not. exist.  Genius, no?

 Before you go, whip out your  mental pen and have a go at 'um.  Then leave, and take your little mental white out pen with you, in the event any additional "whiting out", should be necessary.  (Sometimes an additional coat is fun and very entertaining.)  Since your pen is all in your head, you don't even need a purse or a pocket.  That makes it really easy to take to a meeting. 
                                                               
The best part is, if someone isn't there, they can't bother you, right?  White Out and a prayer or two, and you'll be astonished at who all you'll never see.  Try it.  It works.

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment