Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, June 25, 2012

Spiritual Pam

Since we all know it's just going to get hotter as the weeks continue, here's my plan to stay sane.  Lots of iced tea, minimal crowds, and several breaks during the day to re-apply my spiritual non-stick spray.  Think of the non stick cooking spray you use for a fried egg.  Works pretty good, doesn't it?  As long as you remember to spray your pan, that egg slides right off, doesn't it?

Here's how my spiritual one works: early every morning you set aside 5-10 minutes to drink your coffee, quietly, and talk/listen to God.  No email, no phone, nuttin'.  When you are finished, spray yourself in your mind with your spiritual non-stick spray, and go on about your day.  Grumpy drivers, long lines, and rude people will slide right off, IF you keep your spray on.

 At lunchtime, take a spray break.  Close your office door, rest for 5-10 minutes, and mentally re-apply your spiritual spray.  Don't even try to BS me about how you're too busy because I've done exactly what I'm telling you-- only sometimes I had to do it during a bathroom break.  Be advised it works perfectly there, too.  Just talk/listen to God and reapply your spray, while you do the other.

Before you leave for the day to head home, do it one more time.  Between staying cool enough, drinking enough liquids, limiting your access to a throng of crazy people (crowds), and resting, you will s-l-i-d-e right through the heat.  I even laughed once when a guy shot me the bird.  It works.

You can even put a can of cooking spray on your desk as a reminder.  If someone asks, you can tell them you're going to fry an egg on the pavement when it gets hot enough.

                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment